bye bye 2009!

today i got to thinking as i was picking up one of the umpteen toys (for the umpteenth time) that the fellas got for christmas. and as i was picking up and straightening i got a text from the mother of the first children i nannied for...just needing some jessica re-assurance that everything was going to be okay. after we exchanged a few texts, i could sense her calm. my life might not have been this life if it had not been for she and her family and the gift we were all blessed with the day she had henry.

i can not ever imagine loving a child more than i love him.


for my entire life since i was a little girl, all i have wanted to be was to love someone completely and to be a mother (and an OBGYN...). and it is funny how life takes it's turns and such and you always end up exactly where you need to be...

i have not been blessed yet with my own child, but everyday for years, there has been children in my life that i have loved and get to love on and rear them as if they were my own. support their parents in their decisions and be the closest thing i can be to a parent. i could not imagine my life any other way.

this year
i have learned that it is okay to be venerable and give my heart away. let someone else in and love someone like i have always wanted to be loved. love hard. love with everything i am and never take one second for granted.

this year
i did something i never thought possible for me. or never thought i would want to think possible for me. i ran 13.1 miles continuously one day in april.

this year
change happened. and it was okay. it was good. it is better.

this year
i have taken some really good picture. really good.

this year
i have become more and more of who i have always wanted to be. maybe i'm a little slow, but sometimes i think the timing is just right...


this year
has been good. 2009 will always be a special year to me. and i will always look back on this year with a thankful heart and gratefulness.


here's to an even better 2010!
hip hip hooray!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wow! It is so nice to hear someone say how wonderful 2009 has been! So many people always say, "oh, thank goodness this year is over, hope for a better one next year", but I think REALLY? It's been that bad? Obviously, we all need to look back and be thankful for all that 2009 brought us and look forward to everything 2010 has to offer us.
BTW, you'll never know what those couple of years that I knew you while you nannied for that first family meant to me! I learned a lot about a lot of things in those couple of years. I learned about real freindship, about my marrriage, and about what a REAL family with REAL difficulties can do with the right attitude! I think about that family more often than you would imagine!

here i go with more comments.....sorry! :)

© Jessica Dukes of Morrison Lane. Powered by Donuts