justin bieber featuring ludacris (with a background dancer).

it takes a lot to embarrass me when it comes to kids.  they say anything and do anything and you just go with it...because they are the kids and you are the adult.  you know better, they are learning.  sometimes that means they point at the most inopportune times or say "fat" when someone is really...well...fat and you want to get UNDER THE TABLE but you just smile and explain to them why we don't say fat. 

you've been there.  you get it. 

if not, you're day is coming.  just wait.  

because my day just happened.

i had to work late the other night and so we headed to the park for a late night (6:30 pm) park fun, we had been to dinner and frozen yogurt so we decided to go and sweat it all off.  really, the nanny decided it was an hour and a half til bedtime and running and sweating until then assured this nanny of easy bed time.  so to the park we went.  

and at that park, there is a stage and really cool stage that this here nanny suggested that they do a show on, so one of the little fellas asked me what he should do, i suggested he should sing a song on that there stage.  {let me interject:  by the stage there is a playground that there are like oh ten cool moms and about twenty stinky, sweaty kids.  park.  was.  packed.  we all had the same idea.  got the image in your head?}  

before i could blink or think or wave my hands to alert him NO NO NO, that was a bad suggestion!!! let's just go back to the slide!!!  

...this is what i heard....
 Oh woooah, oh woooooah, oh wooooah, oh.

You know you love me, I know you care,
Just shout whenever and I’ll be there.
You are my love, you are my heart
and we will never ever ever be apart.

 Are we an item? girl quit playing,
 we’re just friends, what are you saying.                                                                        
 Said there’s another, look right in my eyes,                                                  
 my first love broke my heart for the first time.                                                                        
 And I was like…

loud he sung, and got louder.  and did not miss a word to justin bieber's number one hit.  not one word.  i liked to have died kinda.  of all songs, he was center stage and suddenly WE (me and my three amigos) were the dead center of attention as he continued...


Baby, baby, baby oooooh,
like baby, baby, baby 
noooooooo, like baby, baby, baby, ooooh.
Thought you’d always be mine, mine (repeat)

you get the point.  i was embarrassed and a little like "look at him go"  and more so wanted to start curtsying because "oh yeah, he is pretty cute...AND he knows every word to baby, baby, baby...ohhhh..."
i was so proud in an of-all-songs-you-had-to-pick-to-perform-kinda-way-why-not-take-me-out-to-the-ballgame? way.
the background dancer even tried to move to the foreground to steal his thunder, oh no...didn't miss a beat.  not even wiping the sweat from his brow caused him to be un-bieber fevered.

speaking of background dancers, he's had moves of his own...

then it was ludacris' turn to take the stage to bring it home, but he decided he was shy...and this nanny was like...baby, baby, baby...ohhhh!  just kidding, this nanny was like thank you lord, he is not going to bust out with the ludacris part.  
"hi cool moms at the park, they aren't mine, i just look after them..."
hold that thought...and we are off...


luda is getting "un shy" and here he goooo.....

oh lord.
Luda, When I was 13 I had my first love,
there was nobody that compared to my baby
and nobody came between us, no-one could ever come above
She had me going crazy, oh I was star-struck,she woke me up daily, don’t need no Starbucks.
She made my heart pound, I skip a beat when I see her in the street and at school on the playground 
but I really wanna see her on the weekend.
She knows she got me dazing cause she was so amazing
and now my heart is breaking but I just keep on saying….

then i gave up because clearly i had lost all control and then we all joined in on the chorus...


[Chorus]
Baby, baby, baby oooooh,
like baby, baby, baby noooooooo,
like baby, baby, baby, ooooh.
Thought you’d always be mine, mine (repeat)

but then before he could start in on round two, i grabbed all three quick, fast and in a hurry...because it was time for bed (wink, wink)...or so they thought.

bye cool moms at the park, you are welcome for your show...next time we promise taylor swift's "love story" we've got that one memorized too.

No comments:

© Jessica Dukes of Morrison Lane. Powered by Donuts