butt______ .

one of my favorite latest conversations with one my little fellas.
this conversation is after he called me a "butt girl" ("you a butt giwl, ms. jessica!") a few days ago after hanging out with his pre-teen, ultra cool and hip cousins.  who for some reason, when you hear them say "butt girl" just doesn't have the same effect as a three year old saying the same thing.  so after a time-out and a "this is why we do not call each other butt names" talk, it had all been forgotten.
a few days later...
he and his brother were getting out of the bath.  i had my little fella that called me a "butt giwl" on the counter by the sink, wrapped in a fluffy white towel, combing his curls and helping brush those teeth.  he was being absolutely precious.  i wanted to eat him up.
lf:  "ms. jessica.  um, you wemember the other last night when i called you a butt giwl?"
mj:  "yes, i remember that."
lf:  "oh. oh. yeah.  so you think i should pwobably not call my daddy a butt daddy?"
mj:  "no, i don't think you should call daddy that.  that would hurt his feelings and it is not nice.  you should not call anyone butt names.  it just does not sound nice.  and you are nice."
lf:  (as he gets off the counter and is walking away from me) "oh, oh, this is just my butt?"  (as he pats his bottom)
mj:  "yes, some people call it a butt, but we call it a bottom."
lf:  "oh.  oh.  okay.  thank you miss jessica."
out of the mouths of babes.   love it.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

First off, I love "butt giwl".....great story! But I just wanted to let you know I LOVE YOU! No seriously, I didn't realize how much I have missed you! You are great! As I have already told you, I really do think your blog looks great and love reading your post! I am so glad you finally brought this thing out of hiding!

© Jessica Dukes of Morrison Lane. Powered by Donuts