waiting on my new life to begin.

Any minute now, my ship is coming in  I'll keep checking the horizon  I'll stand on the bow, feel the waves come crashing  Come crashing down down down, on me  And you say, be still my love  Open up your heart  Let the light shine in  But don't you understand  I already have a plan  I'm waiting for my real life to begin  When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened  But in my dreams, I slew the dragon  And down this beaten path, and up this cobbled lane  I'm walking in my old footsteps, once again  And you say, just be here now  Forget about the past, your mask is wearing thin  Let me throw one more dice  I know that I can win  I'm waiting for my real life to begin  Any minute now, my ship is coming in  I'll keep checking the horizon  And I'll check my machine, there's sure to be that call  It's gonna happen soon, soon, soon  It's just that times are lean  And you say, be still my love  Open up your heart, let the light shine in  Don't you understand  I already have a plan  I'm waiting for my real life to begin
-colin hay
i just heard this song on a television show i was watching and i loved the lyrics, not gonna lie, it made me tear up...but if you know me, that's not easy to do.  i like to think it is because i am tender-hearted not because i am a cry baby.  just don't ask my brother, he called me moanie-red eyes growing up...  
clearly.  he is a jerk.

No comments:

© Jessica Dukes of Morrison Lane. Powered by Donuts